掌握 get hold of
掌握学习 learning to master ;
熟练掌握 ; have a good command of
掌握主动 have the initiative
曝光掌握 EXPOSURE CONTROLS
掌握者 information holder
掌握诀窍 Know the ropes
掌握全局 Getting the whole picture
掌握政权 be in power
control national resources;
keep abreast of new developments;
give priority to the most important aspects
1. I had obtained the authentic details about the birth of the organization.
2. They held his fate in the palms of their ancient hands.
3. The directors call the shots and nothing happens without their say-so.
4. The British media is in the hands of clubby men.
5. Sovereign power will continue to lie with the Supreme People’s Assembly.
6. They have a case against their directors for breach of fiduciary duty.
7. Several of those present, including Weinberger, had contrary information.
8. Most of the staff specialise in the care of children.
9. I’d seen it before in people who held immense power.
10. She had always been mistress of her own destiny.
11. He has the power to use force to maintain public order.
12. Those in charge deluded themselves they were up to speed.
13. So far, what scanty evidence we have points to two suspects.
14. It’sa bit tricky at first till you get the hang of it.
15. He was the sole proprietor with total management control.
His handling of the meeting was quite a virtuoso performance.
We have the situation well in hand.
In time of aristocracy, people’s fates are not in the hands of themselves.
It is difficult to grasp the concept of infinite space.
I have acquired the basic knowledge of writing required in high school.
The secret of business is knowing something that nobody else knows.
It is a grave mistake to theorize before one has data.
Politicians need to seize the initiative from the terrorists.