PART FOUR . Read this advertisement.
. Choose the best word to fill each gap.
. For each question (21 35) mark one letter (A , B ,C ,D)on your Answer Sheet.
. One answer has been given as an example.
Too much to read! It/‘s impossible to find time to read today/’s top business books-and thousands are published each year. Yet not keeping up with those books could be a serious-and expensive mistake. Often the ideas and insights they . . . . . . example. . . . . are available nowhere else. But how can you even. . . . . .21. . . . . . which titles are worthwhile-let alone find time to read them?
Fortunately, there/‘s a . . . …… .22. …… . . . : Soundview Executive Book Summaries. It really. . . . . . 23…… . . . . In fact, it/’s . . . . . . 24. . . . . . to work. It is ingenious and essential. Every month, you . . . . . . 25. . . . . two or three quick reading, time saving . . . . . .26. . . …… . of the best new business books. Each contains all the key points in the . . . . . . 27. . . . . . book. The big difference ,instead of 200 to 500 pages ,the summary is only & pages. Instead of . . . . . . 28. . . . . . five ,ten or more hours to read ,it takes just 15 minutes.
Of the thousands of business books . . . . . . 29. . . . . .annually, only a . . . . . . 30. . . . . .are really worth reading. To save your time, our Editorial Board goes over them all . . . . . . 31. . . . . .90%. Our standards are . . . . . . 32. . . . . .,and the criteria rigorous.
When a book meets all our tests, we prepare a Summary, instead of a review or a digest. You get a skillful distillation that preserves the content ad spirit of the . . . . . . 33. . . . . .books. The titles cover every. . . . . . 34. . . . . .of concern to business people today. There/‘s . . . . . . 35. . . . . .else like Soundview Executive Book Summaries.
A. express B. understand C. contain D. find
21 . A. see B. know C. ask D. answer
22. A. answer B. solution C. question D. problem
23. A. works B. costs C. sells D. buys
24. A. guarded B. granted C. guided D. guaranteed
25. A. pay B. send C. receive D. buy
26. A. titles B. summaries C. names D. prices
27. A. original B. first C. same D. another
28. A. spending B. costing C. taking D. sitting
29. A. publicized B. polished C. published D. popularized
30. A. dozen B. little C. handful D. couple
31. A. choosing B. eliminating C. writing D. publishing
32. A. high B. low C. expensive D. cheap
33. A. entire B. tired C. entering D. old
34. A. word B. subject C. sentence D. idea
35. A. something B. anything C. all D. nothing
正确答案是: 21. B 22. B 23.A 24. D 25. C 26.B 27.A 28. C 29.C 30. C 31. B 32.A 33. A 34. B 35.D
版权声明：本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献，该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务，不拥有所有权，不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容， 请发送邮件至 [email protected] 举报，一经查实，本站将立刻删除。