Ⅰ. Multiple Choices:
1. We will open an irrevocable and confirmed letter of credit our order.
a) to b) against c) by d) at
2. As requested, we have immediately arranged our bankers to extend the expiry date of our L/C for two weeks
a) with…up to b) with…on c) for…until d) for…to
3. We thank you very much for your L/C and shippinginstructions our trial orders.
a) being covered b) to be covered c) covering d) covers
4. As arranged, we would ask you to open an irrevocable credit in favor and shall hand over shipping documents acceptance of our draft.
a) your…against b) your…for c) our…against d) our…for
5. May we call your attention to our outstanding account for US$1,500 is now considerably over due.
a) by which settlement b) of which settlement c) settlement by which d) settlement of which
6. We enclose our check for $230
your invoice No. D-145.
a) in payment of b) by payment at c) to payment on d) for payment in
7. We acknowledge with thanks the receipt of the check for US$145 your account to 30th April.
a) to settlement in b) in settlement of c) by settlement d) for settlement at
8. We thank you for the L/C No. 100359, have been notified today by the Bank of China.
a) with which b) for which c) by which d) of which
9. We request you to that an L/C is opened by cable whenever an order is placed with us.
a) see to it b) see it c) see d) see for
10. We inform you that we have opened an irrevocable credit the London Bank in your favour.
a) at b) in c) by d) with
11. A confirmed, irrevocable letter of credit, covering the order for US$20,000 in their favour, was opened until March 10.
a) effectively b) expiry c) available d) validity
12. We advised the bank to amend the clause “partial shipment are permitted”.
a) to reading b) to read c) to be read d) to be reading
13. subsequent amendments, please see to it that the L/C stipulations are strictly in accordance with the contract terms.
a) A void b) Having avoided c) To avoid d) Being avoided
14. Due to unforeseen difficulties, we find it impossible to make shipment in July, and would appreciate the shipment date and validity of your L/C to August 15 and August 31 respectively.
a) your extending b) you to extend c) you extending d) your extended
15. We will draw you by our documentary draft at sight on collection basis.
a) on b) at c) for d) to
Ⅱ. Identify and Correct the error in each sentence:
1. Therefore, we wish to ask you to extend the validity of the L/C in two weeks until
2. We opened our irrevocably letter of credit in your favor available by your drafts at 60 days
after sight drawn on this bank.
3. Theenclosedinvoice against goods supplied to your order No. A-113.
4. We are enclosing a statement of your account as requested, which we hope you will find it
5. We thank you for your letter of the 10th October enclosing a check with part payment.
6. Considering the small amount of this transaction, we are preparing to accept payment by
D/P at 30 days’sight for the value of the goods shipped.
7. Owing to the delay of your letter of credit, the responsibility for any loss rising
subsequently will wholly rest with you.
8. In no way we can accept you terms of payment.
9. As you have failed to open the L/C in time, we regret being unable to make shipment
within the stipulating time limit.
10. The shipment covering by your Order No. 374 has not arrived.
版权声明：本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献，该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务，不拥有所有权，不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容， 请发送邮件至 [email protected] 举报，一经查实，本站将立刻删除。