The bank with ideas
With several hundred years of history behind it, the APL Bank has few problems in convincing businesses that it is reputable and secure__21__ of a range of banking serving. Now, it is demonstrating to business customers that it is flexible and responsive enough to ___22___ their changing needs in the 21st century.
Based in London, APL offers banking services to businesses throughout the UK via its branch __23___. Most customer service provision is ___24_ out by personal account managers based in local branches, together with ___25__ staff at company headquarters.
An important ___26__for APL has been to make it easy for customers to __27__business with the bank. They can contact their account manager by direct line or email; if the manager is on holiday, a carefully chosen colleague becomes the ‘account contact’ and ___28__with the customer during the manager’s ___29___. In addition, for those who want ___30__ to their bank at any time of day or night there is now a 24-hour phone-based service.
In order to remain competitive and build customer loyalty, the bank guarantees to turn around urgent loan___31__within 24 hours. This focus on the customer has also been a driving __32__in APL’s recruitment and development policy. For example, newly inducted staff ___33__a ‘customer service review’ to find out what it is like to be on the other side of the desk, asking to borrow money.
Together, these ___34__in banking have achieved excellent results. The customer__35___is growing fast, and last year the bank gained 36,000 new business accounts.
21. A. producer B. supplier C. provider D. giver
22. A achieve B. reach C meet D. assist
23. A. system B. web C. grid D. network
24. A. taken B. brought C. carried D. put
25. A. aid B. support C. guidance D. backing
26. A. objective B. purpose C. direction D. scheme
27. A do B. run C. make D. have
28. A copes B. arranges C. handles D. deals
29. A vacancy B. departure C. absence D. retirement
30. A access B. entrance C. approach D. opening
31. A. demands B. applications C. proposals D. orders
32. A power B. strength C. force D. pressure
33. A take over B. go through C. set down D. put up
34. A. innovations B. adaptations C. revisions D. modernization
35. A. source B. base C. centre D. foundation
Most customer service provision is carried out by personal account managers based in local branches, together with __________ staff at company headquarters.
(support or help, especially with money。
这是《金融时报》词典的解释：Employees whose work is helping a company or organization to operate, for example technical or administrative workers
supplier更侧重于提供某种产品(朗文：a company or person that provides a particular product)
provider强调提供某种服务(朗文：a company or person that provides a service)
branch network 由分支机构构成的网络。
28、cope with后接事 deal with可接人和事
31、loan application 贷款申请
apply for loan 固定用法
33、go through 仔细的查看，后面正好和customer service review搭配。
driving force和customer base属于固定用法
版权声明：本文内容由互联网用户自发贡献，该文观点仅代表作者本人。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务，不拥有所有权，不承担相关法律责任。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容， 请发送邮件至 [email protected] 举报，一经查实，本站将立刻删除。